13 September 2016

Policeman dies from burns after gas explosion

ghghghfhdThe policeman who suffered burns in a gas explosion at his residence at Suhum on August 30, Constable Raymond Abayie, died yesterday.

A police source disclosed to the Daily Graphic that the constable, who was on admission at the Suhum Government Hospital together with his wife and two children, died from severe burns.

Some neighbours who earlier visited the victims at the hospital expressed shock about the news, because Constable Abayie’s condition looked better than that of his wife and children.

On August 30 this year, Constable Abayie, his wife and children were hospitalised when they sustained severe injuries after a gas cylinder exploded at their residence.

While they were on admission, Constable Abayie was the only one among the victims who could manage to speak and narrate the incident.


He had gone to turn on the gas burner after his wife had unsuccessfully tried to do so.

Because the cylinder was excessively filled, he decided to open the tap to let go some of the gas; his wife had already switched on the burner, as a result the cylinder exploded.

His wife and two children who were also in the kitchen at the time of the explosion sustained severe injuries.

The wife and children of the late police constable are still on admission.



Source: Graphic.com.gh

Please follow and like us:


Write a comment

3+5 = ?