logo

28 June 2016

Kumasi Mayor dismisses stores allocation allegations

Kumasi MayorKumasi Metropolitan Assembly (KMA) says it will investigate and deal with anybody found to have collected monies from traders in the name of providing them with stores in the ongoing Central market-Kejetia project.

A section of the KMA Assembly members in a press statement last week accused the Kumasi Mayor, Kojo Bonsu and his aide of allocating some 20,000 stores at the ongoing Central Market-Kejetia Project.

The two are alleged to have offered to traders GH¢25,000 per unit price instead of an agreed price of GH¢15,000.

This information created confusion amongst the various trading groups who have been affected by the evacuation and are expected to benefit first from the new market.

But the KMA says the reports are false and should be disregarded.

Kojo Bonsu indicated the stores are still under construction and the Assembly has not reached the allocation stage.

He spoke to Luv News, Monday after conducting an inspection of ongoing work with some market queens around the project site.

“It is a total falsehood, it is something that they are peddling around which is not true. It is good that you are here now to see that no shops have been built as it was rumored that 2000 shops have been built,” Mr Bonsu said.

“We have come up with a declaration that anybody who has paid GH¢25,000 to any individual should come forward.  He charged that those who have made any payment should report so those who took the monies will be arrested and prosecuted,” he added.

He stressed that when the stores are completed and monies are to be paid, it would not be paid to an individual but rather, payments are to be done to the Assembly’s bank account.

Please follow and like us:

Share
#

Write a comment

9+9 = ?