logo

28 June 2017

Contaminated fuel not released unto the market – NPA Boss

fuel
fuel

The National Petroleum Authority, (NPA), has said that the 5 million litres of contaminated fuel imported under suspicious circumstances from the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation (BOST) have not been released unto the market.

There have been concerns that the 5 million litres of contaminated fuel have been released unto the markets with the minority in Parliament cautioning the motoring public to be careful.

At a press conference in Parliament yesterday, the Minority also demanded the interdiction of the BOST MD, Alfred Obeng.

Speaking on Adom FM’s Morning Show, ‘Dwaso Nsem’ Wednesday, NPA Boss, Alhassan Tampuli refused the claims of the minority that the product has already been released unto the market.

According to him, 2 million out of the 5 million litres of the contaminated fuel sold to Zup Oil had been carted from the premises of BOST by the company with 10 trucks.

The NPA, he said has tracked the trucks and are assured that the product has not been released to the public as has been claimed by the minority.

The remaining 3 million, he said is still sitting at BOST and the 8 trucks of Zup Oil which was scheduled to cart the fuel have also been grounded.

“It is not true that contaminated trucks have been released unto the market because the truth is that the trucks are still sitting at the premises of BOST and Zup Oil has not released the contents of the other trucks…,” he said.

The product, he said was not imported into the country before the new CEO of BOST, Alfred Obeng was sworn into office.

“I am not even sure if the current management imported the product into the country…at the time the fuel was imported, the current management was not at post…I do not think there is any justification for him to step aside,” he said.

Please follow and like us:

Share
#

Write a comment

2+10 = ?